Killarney Outfitters

canoe - hike - kayak
a true Canadian experience
est. 1972

Canada & USA 1.888.222.3410
find us on Facebook
Pink Islands

Camping on Crown Land

Philip Edward Island and much of the Georgian Bay Coast.

Ontario’s Crown land provides the opportunity for many outdoor recreational activities including camping.
Although most Crown land is available for the enjoyment of both Ontario residents and visitors, access to some Crown land may be restricted or limited. The Ministry of Natural Resources may post signs to limit certain kinds of travel or activity (including camping), as well as close forest access roads for reasons of public safety or environmental protection. Please contact the local MNR Office for more information about the Crown land in the area you hope to visit.

When camping on Crown land, all users are asked to undertake their activities in an ecologically sound and responsible manner, accepting the risks associated with their activities. Please remove all litter and enjoy and respect Ontario’s Crown land.

If you are interested in camping in an Ontario Provincial Park, please visit the Ontario Parks website for more information.

Residents of Canada
Residents of Canada may camp free of charge on Crown land for up to 21 days at any one site, except where posted otherwise.

Non-residents of Canada - Crown Land Camping Permits

Purchase Non-residents of Canada "Camping on Crown Land" Premits

If you are a non-resident of Canada, 18 years of age or older and wish to camp on Crown Land north of the French and Mattawa rivers, a Crown Land Camping Permit is required,
You are renting a camping unit (a camping unit can include a tent, trailer, tent-trailer, canoe, kayak, recreational vehicle or camperback) from a commercial outfitter in Ontario.

Under this rule, rental contract customers of Killarney Outfitters
are exempt from requiring a Crown Land Camping Permit.

The cost of a Non-resident Crown Land Camping Permit is $10.75 per person per night.

Non-resident Crown Land Camping Permits are available from numerous fishing and hunting license issuers and from Service Ontario centers in northern Ontario.

Please contact the local MNR Office or call 1-800-667-1940 for more information on camping on Crown Land.

Members or persons in charge of a charitable or not-for profit organization may be eligible for exemptions to a Crown Land Camping Permit by applying in writing to the District Manager well in advance.

Killarney Outfitters

1076 Hwy 637,
KILLARNEY, Ontario. Canada, P0M 2A0


Canada & USA - Toll Free

( located just 4 minutes West
of the Killarney Park main gate